Sometimes you just need a little pick me up, so today I'm sharing 20 little ways to brighten your day!
1. Get your favorite flowers. $5 flowers from the market, how can you beat that? They make my space feel happy and every time I look at them I smile :)
2. Take time to enjoy your coffee (or in my case smoothie) Take a few minutes in the morning to really enjoy your coffee or smoothie. Stop and relax - enjoy the flavor instead of rushing.
3. Paint your nails. This is so relaxing to me! Plus if you have a job that requires typing, every time you look down you'll see your cute polish! This is my current favorite color: http://rstyle.me/~9KXBG
4. Give yourself 10 extra minutes to get ready. Don't hit snooze one more time! Instead, get up and take your time. That little 10 minutes can add a whole lot of peace to your busy day.
5. Spend time doing something you love. Each week I set a little time to paint. I've been really into watercolor lately. I make it a priority to have that little extra time to do something that I enjoy to help me feel inspired.
6. Compliment yourself. Brighten your day by focusing on your positives rather than your negatives. When you look in the mirror only listen to the voice that is kind and up lifting.
7. Find your go to afternoon pick me up. Maybe it's reading your favorite book or grabbing an iced coffee or treating yourself to your favorite pastry! Find simple ways to bring enjoyable moments into your day.
8. Go for a walk. This is so de-stressing for me and always brightens my day! You can even get your best friend to go along with you. Lace up your workout shoes and go for a walk around your neighborhood! Walking is such a simple way to brighten your day.
9. Sit in the sun without anything to do. This is a Spring favorite for me. There's nothing like feeling the warmth of the sun and looking at all of the beautiful flowers. I like to take my cat Jackie out to my back deck to enjoy the sunshine with me!
10. Eat without being on your phone. Savor every bite. Enjoy your meal without being distracted. Take time to actually eat mindfully.
11. Find your favorite book and read. One of my favorite things to do is to find a little corner in my house and curl up and read. It's very relaxing!
12. Always do a "little thing" every day. Whether that's putting on a face mask, lighting your favorite candle or watching your favorite show - find something that you enjoy. Those little things are important, don't neglect doing them.
13. Stay hydrated. Taking care of yourself is an easy way to have a brighter day. Are you drinking enough water? If you're having headaches or feeling low on energy it might be time to up the water intake. Buying a cute water bottle is a great way to stay sipping on water because you'll never want to leave the house without it!
14. Start using essential oils. There is nothing I love more than putting lavender essential oil in my diffuser! It makes me feel happy and makes my room feel fresh!
15. Unplug 2 hours before bed. This has not only brightened my days but changed my life. The last couple hours of my day are spent intentionally with the people that I love and myself. This time is for talking with my family, picking up my room, reading, and relaxing before sleep. I know that this will change your life :)
16. Stop comparing yourself to someone else. You are you for a reason. Stop comparing your beginning to someone else's middle. You are doing what is best for you so stop comparing yourself to other people.
17. Drink out of a cute mug. It's always the little things that truly bring sunshine to my day. I love sipping my morning smoothie out of something cute!
18. Make time for a workout. You can do it! :) Seriously a 1 hour workout is only 4% of your day! So go for a sunset walk, hit up the gym, or go for a hike. Those post workout feels will surely brighten your day!
19. Throw your PJs in the dryer for a few minutes before bed. Nothing like getting cozy by slipping into toasty warm pajamas :)
20. Be present. I've found that really intentionally listening to people brightens my own day. Be present with others and with yourself. Give your undivided attention to people who are talking to you. Stop checking your phone every five minutes. Being present isn't difficult it just requires some intentionality.
I hope you enjoyed these twenty little ways and I wish you brighter days! :)